Sunday, October 16, 2016

A month has passed

Well, as you can get from the title, it's been about a month since I went full on new engine, so here's the news. About over 3500 lines of code has been written (altho few of those include already existed descriptions) and I've been working on the 'finish day' logic and jobs for the last week. This time I'm not giving gif though, since it would be too much fine-tuning to show all the work done as lots of it related to minor bugs and behaviors produced by end-day sequence.






Basically, its mostly there and game starts to resemble what it is in axma, as in being playable. I also try to wrap other stuff into this direction just so what we have can be called actual game instead of loosely tied parts of code. So jobs are entirely there and end day sequence done for maybe 70% including riots/escapes(leaving farms and similar stuff for later) with some changes from the original code.

Currently I'm planning to work on the second-most-important-screen, aka interactions (sexual and not really), after which it will probably be small stuff like prison, spells and alchemy, starting screens and save/load. Plus I will also try to find something/someone to take care of new UI as default one getting really repetitive.  I really hope to push completely self-sustained version before December but its still relatively hard for me to measure how much time  rewriting other core parts gonna take.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. I have a question about the main game though, what do I have to do to make a girl know how to serve, I've been stuck on that one .-.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to make her get exp (library assignment probably easiest way early on), then train her in service.

      Delete
    2. I'd been stuck on that one too.
      The game needs a better help/explanation.
      FC's encyclopedia structure comes to mind as a good example.

      Delete
  2. Just wanted to say I am very impressed with what you have shown of the revamp so far. the new U.I. looks super user friendly. It is plain to see your putting in 110% to a job that would have been a ton of work to begin with. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay. hooray for tiddies.

    ReplyDelete