Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Status update

Hello there, haven't been doing many updates recently and hoping this would change back. Today I gonna make some important announcements regarding remake of game.





Originally, there's been some complications with javascript engine which would drastically reduce estimated time until new playable version (especially when considering that was only a framework which would still have to be filled with ported content) which risen only recently.

However, during this whole time I've picked some long-required coding skills and made myself accustomed with Godot game engine, with now using it as main port engine and rebuilding game logic. I'm fairly happy with this, as building all required UI is flexible and programming language really straightforward and easy to use (which is obviously big pro for amateur like me).

So, with godot Strive will actually resemble a game, instead of web app (although there's also html5 support, so we may give it a try), with saves, possibly easily modeable and lots of neat features and UI details (separate windows for resources, button panels etc). I will also try to feed you few screenshots here and there.

On the downside, graphics won't shine for the first time, as default button templates are somewhat ugly and making things pretty is on the low list priority, but for the rest of it, amount of new tools to make everything smooth and clean is more than enough. Currently I'm in the middle of transfering and implementing new logic (races templates and slave generation), which is also bit of a new thing since I'm trying to rebuild structure to make it more flexible for future adjustments.

Speaking of new logic, I did replanned sex/interaction system some time ago since axma limitations would-be-gone, and as a part of today's post I gonna tell you bit about it.

Basically, it would revolve around 2 stats: lewdness (revamped corruption) and "dominance". Instead of just 4 options + threesome, you'd get over dozen of interaction options with idea to employ as many fetishes players may have in mind. Besides that, most options can be either forced, or asked for, and while force option would be accessible since start but naturally make slave worse in many ways, 'consensual way' must be unlocked by lewdness. So lewdness would become a main 'progress' stat for your slaves and will have about 4 levels, from innocent, to dirtiest whore, with latter agreeing to pretty much anything. Lewdness would also be influenced by spells, pots, traits and so on, and could be temporarily increased to get exactly what you'd want. And of course hardest options would give more mana.

Now, 'dominance' will be a completely new stat ranging from 'hardcore sub' to 'normal', to 'hardcore dom' generally starting in the middle and providing bonuses when get to the edges. Most actions would have a 'dom' or 'sub' affinity and will make slave sway in one direction or another adding more flavor to whole thing and having extra benefits (albeit relatively small right now). Later I also do plan to add few more things to make whole procedure of 'slave-shaping' less tedious for player as number of available slaves increased.

That's pretty much all I wanted to tell you today, see you in few days!

9 comments:

  1. Sounds awesome! Honestly I have only very basic coding knowledge, but I'll give Godot a look and see if I can figure out enough to potentially be helpful instead of just breaking shit.

    I like where this is going, but I do have one suggestion. Instead of having dom/sub on the same progression, I would suggest two different bars. In most cases, the actions that would raise one would drop the other, however traits could have an effect on gains/losses, creating the possibility of a girl with the right trait/traits to become a switch.

    If this is more complicated than you want to mess with I understand. Just giving you more options to think about, as you obviously seem to want to give the player more toys to explore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That does sounds interesting, but I could just do a trait with option to go 180 degrees instead of making two bars which are not exactly obvious to me.

      Delete
    2. Whatever way is easier for you. I was mostly trying to think of a way to get a slave that can be submissive to the player, but dominant to other slaves.

      Delete
    3. Well can't comment much on it now, as threesomes/orgy will need considerable adjustments to fit into current system.

      Delete
    4. As to simultaneous Dom/Sub sliders, it is almost mandatory. Take the Head Girl and similar rolls, she will be Submissive to the player, but Dominant to those placed under her.

      Delete
    5. Dom/Sub slider is more of a sexual preferences really. Obviously assignments like headgirl or jailer would still obey player, but their preferences will play role on their job effectiveness.

      Delete
  2. Every time I blink it seems I find something new, or rather that I had missed before. I knew clothing affected obedience and worked up sexual acceptance. Just tonight I finally noticed a girls Charm increasing due to what she was wearing. Now I have to check out the other clothing that had no obvious function and see if something hidden is going on with them. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not 100% sure but I believe there's one that increases confidence as well, though only if it's below 2 (I think). I've only ever seen it increase if the stat is one. Unfortunately I do not remember which one it was, but I'm thinking chainmail bikini.

      Delete
    2. Hmm, maybe leaving Combat and Wit, for the Ninja and Miko, respectively? As well, had a Beastkin Wolf that was Iron willed(5) I put into Pet gear, she has never had a break-down, but now she is only Willful(4)

      Delete