Saturday, December 24, 2016

Status update

So, as I started implementing combat system (which I also spent quite some time planning beforehand), it became obvious there's lots of work. Basically I added 'group system', and some abilities to be learned. Also 'companion' will be removed and in places requiring it, there will be just 'select slave' window.



Group system will likely hold 1-3 extra companions you can bring with you and you will also be able to fight (since it's probably one of the most requested features). I'm trying to make fighting somewhat original yet simple in terms of strategy, while also keeping in mind group fights and that is quite a challenge. Plus there's some older systems I want to update (like clothing which will require actual items and provide defense). Besides that, combat will be (naturally) turn based and focused around skill and energy usage. I still don't have any plans on 'defeat your enemy by sexually pleasing them', for personal reasons though.

Other than that, I take care of some loose code left from my earlier works but there's still stuff I'd want to improve. In any case as older save files won't be compatible, it should give me some more initiative to turn shitty parts of game into something I like better. Besides that, there's been some hired work on the new assets which will hopefully make it into next version to make it prettier. Here's bit of a teaser.


So, the new version with combat will come out in January (hopefully, first half). Before that, I'll make a post or two about what it will look like (gui wise, and more in-depth mechanics perhaps). Thank you, everyone for the support and have a happy holidays!

14 comments:

  1. I'm very intrigued by the ability to have a number of companions. I've always wanted to bring my own half-kin wolf pack with me when I go hunting for slaves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Maverick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you also do some balance in sex actions?
    So far betiality gives you 9 or 11 mana and group sex gives only 4 mana. More mana for threesome? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Threesome mana gain based on lewdness and lust, but I'll see into those formulas.

      Delete
  4. Mana from normal sex is also based on lust?

    Also do you have trais for lamia? In last version it was placeholder. They can be better jailor for example unless arachnes dont have this traits :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not quite I think.

      I wanted to give lamias old trait from web version, but I wanna finish new combat system before going back to the laboratory modifications.

      Delete
    2. Last question. Slaves assigned to bed on 100 lust went down on pc. Shoulnt it generate some mana?

      Delete
  5. In the latest version, the Hunting and Library (level 3, at least) jobs give negative experience.

    Also, the racial description window only appears once a slave is captured and employed; it can't be seen before a slave is captured, or even in jail. The button for it is there in the inspection screen, but clicking it does nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you move save directory to main game path? It will be easier for ppl playing on two pc with game in cloud :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, I can't. From what I get, most devices these days don't allow using 'res' as save location.

      Delete
    2. You cant put save folder in that same location where strive2.exe is?
      for example:
      I have your game at: ../strive/strive2.exe and I wonder if you can put saves to ../strive/saves/. Is it imposibble?

      Delete
    3. You can put save folder there. But again, not every platform will allow file creation on the go in programm folders

      Delete
    4. I might be able to make loading from file selected by user though, but that likely won't help with cloud.

      Delete
  7. Two minor bugs found:

    Foraging: Sometimes "End Day" job report shows foraging result three times. The summary seems correct, so it's only a display error.
    Interactions/Sexual: "Disposition" level shows "Dominance level" on mouseover. A mixup of terms?

    Anti-No

    ReplyDelete